Thursday, November 6, 2008

Raquiem for A Dream

So My homegirl ShaDeen has been bugging me to post something on her blog for the last couple of days, since she has returned from her 2yr hiatus and is back to blogging. But before I start with this post I would first like to say that it was a Beautiful thing seeing President Obama win the other day, America will never be the same....I hope!

So the topic of this post is Dreams. I know you're thinking like what the Hell is Raquiem for A Dream? Well its a movie, a exceptional movie at that, so whenever you get the chance check that out. But the movie has nothing to do with this post actually, I figured it just sounded cool to title it that LOL!(just a sidebar) So what are Dreams? Webster defines dreams as a series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. It also could be defined as daydream, a state of abstraction, a trance, a wild fancy or hope. I always wondered what the purpose of our dreams were, not the dreams we have as in a wild fancy or hope but the dreams that happens while we sleep. Are dreams given to us by the Creator? Is the Creator trying to tell us something through our dreams? Or are dreams just mere feelings recalled from our sub conscience that has no meaning. I would like to believe my dreams has some meaning to them, well, except for those NightMares where Freddy Krueger is chasing me around trying to kill me LOL. I've had my share of crazy dreams, some good, some bad, but all very interesting which brings me to my reoccurring dreams I've been having lately.


Now i'm an aspiring artist, I've been fucking with music all my life but I just recently started taking it serious to the point of possibly making it a career. Along with this commitment came these dreams borderline NightMares. So I had this dream the other night where I was hanging out with Pharrell and N.E.R.D. Im not sure how we met up but we all were in the G-Shock store and Pharrell bought all of these watches. I'm a big fan of N.E.R.D so this was like a dream come true. Can u see irony in that? I'm dreaming about a dream that came true LOL. But anyway I was talking to them about how much I dug their music and about how I went to school for audio production. So then I mentioned that I do music too and explained the concept behind my music and how the Shit is HOt! Pharrell was like do you have the CD on you we can listen to it now. I was like yeah and handed the CD to him and he put it in the CD player. The CD wouldn't play, all 12 tracks were blank and then I woke up HEATED!! I've been having dreams like this for the past couple of months and it always end the same way.


I told my Nigga Dizzy about my dream and he said he had a similar dream. Dizzy does music too and we just happen to be in a group together. In his dream Ciara is over his house, they chop it up for a few and he tells her about Sex Appeal, a song he did that was inspired by her. So she wants to hear it and when he tries to play it for her from his computer, he can't find it. Not only could he not find Sex Appeal, he couldn't find any of his songs and he too woke up like WTF? I don't know what these dreams mean but I know I carry around multiple copies of my music on me at all times!
There so many questions I have about dreams that need to be answered. Like for instance, why is it that you move in slow motion while everybody else is moving regular? Or why is that when you fall in your dreams it actually feels like you're falling? How can dreams be so real to the point where you Nut in your sleep? LOL A wet dream tho? And What the Fuck is Sleep Walking? And what if Freddy Kreuger(He calls himself the Dream Killer)is really a metaphor for what happens when you wake up and can't remember what you dreamed. Imma need answers for these! I do know one thing is for sure, DREAMS help us escape reality. And I'm cool with that for now! So Untill next time, DrEAM ON Bitches!!

And oh yeah, Get ur Daily Dose of Hot shit By checking out Sekret Sosietie! www.myspace.com/thesekretisout


Ken~